Charge point owner > How it works
Join us on an electric journey
Charge Your Car connects charge point networks and owners with EV drivers, promoting your charge points to EV drivers across the UK and providing a fully managed service that includes making your charge points visible to and accessible by all EV drivers, enabling you to set the tariff for each charge point on the network, and collecting revenue from your charge points on your behalf. In the event of a fault requiring maintenance or repair, the CYC helpline will contact your designated maintenance team.
This service is provided on a branded or unbranded (white label) basis i.e. if you are a network operator, we can show your brand on the live map. If you are an individual charge point owner, or not part of a branded network, your charge point(s) will simply appear as part of the CYC network.
To join the Charge Your Car network and get instant access to a growing number of plug-in electric vehicle drivers throughout the UK you will need a charge point that is OCPP compliant. OCPP stands for Open Charge Point Protocol, an open protocol that is becoming the most widely used standard to connect charge points to management systems around the world. Find out more about OCPP here. Charge point manufacturers that have been approved by Charge Your Car to date are: ABB, APT, DBT, Elektromotive, ICU and Siemens.
The full service:
- Become part of the national recharging network and promote your charge points to electric vehicle drivers across the UK.
- Promote your charge points on the charge point map available on this website and the Charge Your Car app.
- Set your own visibility, tariffs and access rights – the charge point management system (CPMS) is flexible enough to allow you to offer different access rights and tariffs for different charge points and user groups such as fleets, employees and visitors). We can provide you with free advice if you wish.
- Receive payments from revenue collected from EV drivers by Charge Your Car on your behalf.
- Access usage data, status reports and energy consumption and change access and tariffs via your own personalised pages of the website.
- Charge Your Car operate a 24/7/365 helpdesk and you or your designated charge point maintenance provider will be informed of any issues.
- Choose the Charge Your Car maintenance support package for a fully managed service.
Contact us to discuss your individual requirements and find out more.